Happy New Year’s! Wow! I can’t believe it’s 2014 already. The past couple of years have been rough but I hope that 2014 will be a better year for everyone. This past month was especially difficult personally and I really struggled with having motivation to do anything, let alone blogging or even reading. I apologize for the lack of posting lately and am hoping to be more organized in the new year.
My Goals for 2013 were:
1. Read 150 books for my Goodreads Challenge. COMPLETE! I read 159 books.
2. Read 3-5 chunksters this year of 500+ pages. COMPLETE! I read 9!
3. Read 20-30 books from TBR pile on Goodreads. COMPLETE!
4. Catch up or finish 3-5 series I’ve already started. COMPLETE! I finished 6 series.
5. Read 3 new complete series I want to read. COMPLETE! I read 5 new series completely.
6. Read 50,000 pages this year. INCOMPLETE. I read 46,042.
7. Start a book blog. COMPLETE! Although it’s been neglected lately.
8. Finish reading all books from 5+of my favorite authors. INCOMPLETE. This was an unrealistic goal considering Nora Roberts has a huge backlist. But I did manage to read books from 6 of my favorites.
My Goals for 2014:
1. Read 150 books. I had a lot of indecision about this one. I don’t want to raise it too high where it’s overwhelming, but I still want to challenge myself. At different times this past year I felt pressure instead of enjoyment in my reading. I don’t want to feel that way. But it’s my number and I can change it if I want to later on. Also, I’ve noticed several blogs count picture books in their count and I wondered why I never have. I read them to my kids all the time, well not so much my teenage girls anymore, but still. Some of them are chapter books over 100 pages. I’m going to start tracking these also and maybe when my son asks if I remember that book about dragons or pirates he liked so much I’ll know what he’s talking about.
2. Read 50,000 pages. I am leaving this one the same since I was close in 2013.
3. Listen to 15 audiobooks. I would like to take advantage of this more since it would allow me to knock more off of my TBR list. And since I started my Audible membership I’ve got 7 books through there on credits and that’s half of my goal. Also my library has a good selection. I just need to get in the habit of listening while cleaning.
4. Read 50 e-books/ARC’s. I should have been caught up on my ARC’s by now but with my lack of motivation lately I’m not even close. Added to that I have over 2,000 free e-books on my Kindle that I will probably never get to, but I would to take a chunk of them off.
5. Read at least 5 chunksters. I did pretty good with this goal last year. I count anything over 500+ pages. And I do have to finish the Game of Thrones series. That’s a lot of pages.
6. Finish 20 series. That’s a lot I know. I been working on a series spreadsheet with the help of FictFact and I have 122!! series to finish and that’s not including re-reads or series that I haven’t even started yet.
7. Read 50 TBR books. According to Goodreads I have 991 books on my list and that’s not including all of the ones I want to read to complete all of those series. At this rate that’s going to take me 10+ years to read them. Ha!
8. Continue reading from my favorite authors’ backlists.
Books Read: 159
Pages Read: 46,042
Longest Book Read: The Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin – 801 pages
Shortest Book Read: Unconditional by Blake Crouch – 8 pages
Favorite Book: The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
Least Favorite Book: Say Yes & Say When by Tara West
Most Read Authors: Kate Brian – 18 books, Blake Crouch – 12 books, Harlan Coben – 8 books
# of new-to-me authors read: 39
# of re-reads: 4 (I’m not big on re-reads usually)
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and much hope for a great new year!